Jobs - We are the jobs people
Flexibility - Offered to both individuals and companies
Bridge - A bridge to permanent employment
Choice - Choose from among a variety of assignments
Meet the demands for skilled workers
We are the jobs people! The staffing industry matches millions of people to millions of jobs.
- 2.2 million people per day are employed by staffing companies
- 1 million new jobs have been created by staffing companies over the past eight years
- 79 percent of staffing employees work full time, virtually the same as the rest of the workforce
The staffing industry offers flexibility to both employees and companies. People can choose when, where and how they want to work. Companies can get the skills they need to keep fully staffed during busy times.
- 64 percent of staffing employees say flexible work time is important to them
- 28 percent of staffing employees say they work for a staffing company because it gives them the flexibility and time to pursue non work interests
Staffing and contract work provides a bridge to permanent employment. People can try out a prospective employer and showcase their skills for a permanent job.
- 74 percent of staffing employees say it’s a way to get a permanent job
- 72 percent of staffing employees obtain permanent jobs while working for a staffing company
- 40 percent of staffing employees are looking for their first permanent job or are reentering the job market
Many people choose staffing and contract work as an employment option. They can select their work schedules and choose among a variety of diverse and challenging assignments.
- 45 percent of staffing employees prefer the alternative arrangement over traditional employment
- 43 percent of temporary employees say needing time for family is an important factor in their job decisions
- 29 percent of staffing employees say they work for a staffing company because they like the diversity and challenge of different jobs
The staffing industry provides free training for millions of staffing and contract employees to help meet today’s demand for skilled workers.
- 90 percent of staffing companies provide free training to their staffing employees
- 4.8 million staffing employees received skills training worth $720 million
- 70 percent of staffing employees say they gained new skills through their assignments
Sources: American Staffing Association, U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Conference Board.